Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Print It On My Heart...

Growing up my mom used to dress me pretty crazy. I give her a pass because it was the Early 90's but some outfits there is just no excusing. There was this one taupe dress with a huge sunflower on each of the shoulders *cringe*. But all in all my mom doing that pretty much shaped the way I look at fashion. The things that My eyes go for are normally the strangest craziest patterns or abstract shapes. I Love reds and Cobalts. Blacks , golds, greens basically all the bold colors that most people stay away from. Coming back from Antigua our flight had a layover in Jamaica. Of course we took that opportunity to shop in  the airport. In the airport I saw A girl waiting for a flight. I couldn't stop staring at her. She was tall and bronze ..basically everything that I take for granted about myself. She was wearing a patterned dress and had her hair in a high bun with a pair of Ray-Ban wayfarers on. She had simple black flip flops on her feet but she honestly didn't need anything more than that. I Didn't speak to her but I coveted her whole outfit on the flight home. When I got back to New York I tried to find a dress to recreate the outfit and this was what I Found.
It's CLOSE..no cigar but close. But that's great. The trick about seeing someone in something you like is to pay homage to them in a way. You don't want to "swagger jack" them but you want to take the "essence" of the outfit and  flip it into your own. That way..It's all you

Love
Benji
Photo Credit to Nasty Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment